Product and Limited Warranty Information Guide
This guide contains safety, handling, disposal, recycling, and regulatory information as well as the limited warranty for Optimus Prime robot. Read all safety information and operating instructions before using Optimus Prime robot to avoid harm or injury. Visit www.robosen.com for a downloadable version.
IMPORTANT SAFETY AND HANDLING INFORMATION
Read the following warning before you or your child play with our products. Failing to do so may cause injury.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of damage or injury, do not attempt to remove Optimus Prime robot’s shell; please refer all non-routine servicing questions to Robosen Robotics Inc. No user-serviceable parts are contained inside.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.
- Read all safety and operating instructions before operating Optimus Prime robot.
- Retain the safety and operating instructions for future reference.
- Follow all operating and use instructions.
- Do not attempt to service Optimus Prime robot yourself.
Refer all non-routine servicing to Robosen.
Seizure, Blackouts, and Eyestrain
A small percentage of people may be susceptible to blackouts or seizures (even if they have never had one before) when exposed to flashing lights or light patterns such as when playing games or watching a video. If you have experienced seizures or blackouts or have a family history of such occurrences, you should consult a physician before playing video games or watching videos. Discontinue the use of Optimus Prime robot and your smart device controller and consult a physician if you experience headaches, blackouts, seizures, convulsion, eye or muscle twitching, loss of awareness, involuntary movement, or disorientation. To reduce the risk of headaches, blackouts, seizures, and eyestrain, avoid prolonged use, hold your smart device controller some distance from your eyes, use Optimus Prime robot in a well-lit room, and take frequent breaks.
When you perform repetitive activities such as playing games on your smart device controller, you may experience occasional discomfort in your hands, arms, shoulders, neck, or other parts of your body. Avoid excessive play. It is recommended that parents monitor their children for appropriate play. Take frequent breaks and if you have discomfort during or after such use, stop use and see a physician.
WARNING: Choking Hazards
Optimus Prime robot has small parts inside its shell, which may present a choking hazard to small children and pets. Keep Optimus Prime robot and its accessories away from small children.
Keeping Optimus Prime robot Within Acceptable Temperatures
Operate and store Optimus Prime robot in a place where the temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low or high-temperature conditions might temporarily shorten battery life or cause Optimus Prime robot to temporarily stop working properly. Avoid dramatic changes in temperature or humidity when using Optimus Prime robot, as condensation may form on or within Optimus Prime robot. Don’t leave Optimus Prime robot in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range. When you’re using Optimus Prime robot or charging the battery, it is normal for Optimus Prime robot to get warm.
Maintenance and Use
WARNING: Optimus Prime robot is not suitable for use by people under 14 years of age.
- Abuse, throw, drop, puncture, violently kick, or step on Optimus Prime robot. Forcibly move the product or its parts. This can damage the robot and compromise its safe operation.
- Operate Optimus Prime robot on elevated surfaces (shelves, desks) where it can drop or fall. This can damage the robot and compromise its safe operation.
- Operate Optimus Prime robot in dangerous, hazardous, or public areas where use is not permitted (high voltage power lines, train stations, airports, trains). Check whether the use of Optimus Prime robot is permitted before using it in public areas or public transport.
- Exceed one hour of continuous use. This can cause premature degradation of the product’s lifespan.
- Keep Optimus Prime robot in sight at all times when operating it to avoid injuries or damage to people, animals, or property.
- Ensure that no one is standing nearer than 1 yard (1 meter) from Optimus Prime robot when in operation and that you keep a safe distance between the product and people, animals, and property.
- Periodically examine Optimus Prime robot for potential hazards such as cracked, damaged, or otherwise broken parts. In the event of such damage, do not use Optimus Prime robot until it can be replaced or repaired.
- Use Optimus Prime robot on smooth and flat surfaces.
- Lithium Polymer batteries are extremely hazardous and liable to cause serious injuries to persons or property. The user accepts liability for the use of a Lithium Polymer battery. As the manufacturer and the distributor cannot ensure the battery is used correctly (charging, discharging, storage, etc.), they cannot be held liable for damages caused to persons or property.
- In the event of battery leakage, avoid the liquid coming into contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with the skin, wash copiously with soap and water. In case of contact with the eyes, rinse copiously with cold water and consult a doctor. If you notice a suspicious smell or noise or observe smoke around the charger, disconnect it immediately.
- Non-compliance with the instructions below could result in gas being given off, fire, electric shock, or an explosion.
- Examine the charger regularly for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure, or other parts. The toy shall only be used with a transformer for toys. Never use a damaged charger or power adapter or third-party charging accessories. Use only the supplied charging accessories provided. If misused can cause electrical shock.
- Never charge a leaky battery or one that has been damaged. Do not use the supplied charger/cables to charge any other device.
- Do not charge the battery near inflammable materials or on an inflammable surface (carpet, wooden flooring, wooden furniture, etc.) or conducting surface. Do not leave Optimus Prime robot unattended during charging.
- Never charge the device immediately after use while it is still hot. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Batteries are only to be charged under adult supervision.
- Do not cover your product or its charger while the battery is charging. Recharge the battery at a temperature of between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). The AC/DC adaptor is not a toy and should only be operated by adults.
Use and storage
- Do not use Optimus Prime robot if its cover has been broken and the battery’s plastic cover has been cracked or compromised in any way.
- Do not expose the battery to excessive physical shock.
- Do not expose Optimus Prime robot and its battery to heat or dispose of a fire.
- Do not put the battery in a microwave oven or in a pressurized container.
- Do not attempt to dismantle, pierce, distort or cut the battery and do not attempt to repair the battery. Do not place any heavy objects on Optimus Prime robot, the battery, or the charger.
- Do not clean the charger with a solvent, denatured alcohol, or other inflammable solvents. When cleaning, be sure to unplug the power adapter and charger.
- It is essential to avoid short circuits. Avoid direct contact with the electrolyte contained within the battery. The electrolyte and electrolysis vapors are harmful to health.
- Do not subject Optimus Prime robot and its battery to large temperature variations. Do not place your Optimus Prime robot near a source of heat.
- Disconnect the charger when you are not charging the battery.
Discarding Optimus Prime robot and its batteries in your general household waste can be harmful to the environment. Damaged or unusable batteries must be disposed of in a container specially reserved for this purpose. When disposing of the battery, follow appropriate local guidelines and regulations. For further information contact your local solid waste authority.
Limited Warranty to Original Purchaser
This Optimus Prime robot product, as supplied and distributed by Robosen Robotics Inc., and delivered new, in the original carton to the original customer purchaser, is warranted by Robosen Robotics Inc. against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year. Robosen will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge with new or reconditioned parts, if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above.
Register your product at robosen.com
If a defect arises:
Please contact us at email@example.com to be provided with a Return Material Authorization Request (RMA) number.
Provide this number with your package when shipping. We do not accept returns without the RMA number. Purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs.
The use of Optimus Prime robot is subject to Optimus Prime robot Software License Agreement.
Exclusions and Limitations
This warranty covers the normal and intended use of Optimus Prime robot. It applies only to the hardware product “Optimus Prime robot” manufactured by Robosen Robotics Inc. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-Robosen hardware product or any software, even if packaged or sold with Optimus Prime robot hardware product. Refer to the software license agreement accompanying the software for details of your rights with respect to its use. Robosen does not warrant that the operation of Optimus Prime robot will be uninterrupted or error-free. Robosen is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to Optimus Prime robot’s use.
This warranty does not apply to:
a) Consumable parts, such as batteries, or protective coatings designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
b) Damage caused by use with non-Optimus Prime robot products;
c) Damage caused by accidents, misuse, abuse, neglect, misapplication, fire, water, lightning or other acts of nature; incorrect electrical line voltage, fluctuations or surges; damage caused by improper installation; product alteration or modification; improper or unauthorized repair; exterior finish or cosmetic damage;
d) Damage caused by operating Optimus Prime robot outside the intended uses described by Robosen;
e) Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of Optimus Prime robot product.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED AND DESCRIBED ABOVE, AND NO WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, SHALL APPLY AFTER THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE BINDING ON ROBOSEN. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ROBOSEN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, FAILURE TO REALIZE SAVINGS OR OTHER BENEFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF REPUTATION, LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF ROBOSEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOR SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST ROBOSEN BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF Optimus Prime robot. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY TO PURCHASER AND PURCHASER'S PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT SOLD BY ROBOSEN NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF ROBOSEN. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS PRODUCT, IS NONTRANSFERABLE, AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Governing Law and Arbitration.
This Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction. Any claim or dispute in connection with this Limited Warranty shall be resolved in a cost-effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. The arbitration shall be initiated through an established alternative dispute resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The alternative dispute resolution provider and the parties must comply with the following rules:
a) The arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration;
b) The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and
c) Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If the foregoing arbitration clause does not apply for any reason, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state courts located within LA County, California, and the federal courts in Los Angeles, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes, which courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction of such claims or disputes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Robosen may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Changes to this Product Information Guide
The explanations and specifications in this guide are given for information only and may be modified at any time without prior notice. The latest version of this guide will be available from our website at www.robosen.com. The explanations and specifications contained in this guide are correct at the time of printing. Robosen reserves the right to amend or improve the product design or user guide without any restrictions and without any obligation to notify users. As part of our ongoing effort to upgrade and improve our products, the product that you have purchased may therefore differ slightly from the model described in this guide.
End of Life Product Disposal
At the end of this product’s life, please do not dispose of this product in your general household waste. Instead, in order to prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, please dispose of this product separately in accordance with your local laws and regulation. For more information on the separate collection systems for waste electrical and electronic equipment that are available for consumers, near your home, free of charge, please contact your local municipality authority. You can also contact the retailer from which you purchased your Optimus Prime robot– they might have put in place recycling services or he may be part of a specific recycling program. This product will be then treated in an environmentally sound manner at a licensed recycling plant and its components will be recovered, recycled, or reused in the most efficient manner, in compliance with the requirements of the Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (2002/96/EC) of 27 January 2003 (as subsequently amended or replaced).
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate this equipment.
Robosen Robotics Inc.
15025 Proctor Ave. #113
City of Industry, CA 91746